There are many different ways that women can remove mascara, but the truth is that most of them are not good ideas. If you want to know how to remove mascara and keep it off for good, then you will have to be smart about it. You want to take the time to learn a few things about mascara and what it does to your face, but then use that knowledge to remove it the right way. We are going to look at some of the ways that you can use to remove mascara.
1. Use a water-based cleanser One thing that many women do is that they will pick up their mascara and start to smudge it on their eyelashes. This is an easy way to remove it. All you have to do is pick up the mascara and wipe it off of your eyelashes. Keep in mind though that if you are applying it to your eyelashes, then you may have to do some cleaning between each application. For example, if you apply mascara to your lower lashes, then you will have to clean your eyelashes first before applying the mascara to the upper ones. It is best to follow up with a clear water-based cleanser to ensure that everything stays clean and you get rid of all traces of mascara.
2. Don’t keep mascara for a long time Another thing that many women are doing is that they are just keeping mascara on their eyelashes for a long time. Yes, this is a perfectly acceptable method, but it does not do a very good job. Mascara gets mixed up with other things such as eye makeup and can cause a problem. The biggest issue with this is that when you keep it on for too long, then it clogs your pores. This is something that happens to many women and can cause major problems. 3. Use cold cream One other method to remove eye makeup and mascara is to use cold cream. Applying cold cream to your lashes can remove them effectively in the twinkle-free effect. You will need to do this at least once a day. This method works best for very heavy or extended mascara, however.
4. Use the back of your fingers There are a few things that you should remember when attempting to remove eye makeup. First, always remove the mascara with the back of your fingers. When you try to wipe the product off with an upward motion, you are only likely to irritate your eyes. It will take quite a while, and it will also cause bleeding and crusting underneath the eye. 5. Use trusted brands of mascara removers If you are going to use products that are specifically made for the eyes, then this process will be made a little easier. There are two items to keep track of eye makeup remover and tweezers. Make sure that whichever remover you use is made for the specific brand of mascara that you are using. There are many removers available, so you should find one that works for you. Many people find that alternating between the warm and cold water that is used to remove their makeup is the best way to keep it away.
6. Clean the eyeliner after cleaning mascara After your lashes are wet, you should follow up with eyeliner. The rule of thumb is to apply a thin line about one to two millimeters below the mascara wand. Gently outline this line and then fill in slowly with colored eyeliner. The thicker your lines are, the longer they will last. Finish off your look with a darker shade of eyeliner to bring out the color in your eyelashes. Again, apply all of it using a clean finger. 7. Use a mascara brush Another option for those who do not wish to spend too much money is a mascara brush. These brushes are made of natural bristles to avoid scratching your lashes or transferring it to another part of your face. To remove your lashes with these brushes, simply brush them against your lashes until they are removed. Do not wash these brushes after you use them. Just allow your lashes to naturally comb through the bristles to remove them.
8. Make a homemade eye mask While some women would still opt to just have their lashes cleaned by a licensed dermatologist, there are a number of other solutions that are available to you. For example, you can create a homemade eye mask that can be applied to your eyes before you go to bed. The good thing about these homemade treatments is that you can easily customize the mixture to suit your particular requirements. You can either add your favorite plant extract or honey or you can create your own combination of ingredients such as mint, cinnamon, orange peel, yogurt, and Aloe Vera.
9. Use tweezers Another option that you may want to consider is to purchase a pair of tweezers and use these tweezers to pluck out the roots of the lashes that are stuck inside your eye. Once you have finished, you will be able to free your eyes of the hassle that is caused by mascara. The only downside of this solution is that it requires a lot of patience and time. You may also end up having blisters on your fingers due to the sharp movement.
10. Use aloe vera cream after cleaning After the makeup has been removed, your eye areas need to be cleaned with aloe vera or any type of topical eye cream. Doing this will help keep the future buildup of product on your eyelids. Also, use a tissue to remove excess water from your eye. The last step is to apply an astringent directly to the area that you want to remove. You want to do this right before bed to really seal in the moisture that you have applied. It will help to make the area soft and smooth for the following morning.
To conclude : These steps are a great start for anyone who wants to lengthen, thicken, and color their lashes longer. As stated before, it is a process, and there is no single way that is the best for everyone. Some people have good results with one method, while others have poor results with the same method. As long as you are persistent and don't give up, you should see results eventually.